Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
Bitcoin Economist Saifedean Ammous, author of The Bitcoin Standard, talks monetary history, hard money, polymaths, geopolitics, and how money is a very human issue.
- 00:00:46 - Welcome & Intro.
- 00:01:19 – Monetary history and how it relates to the human race.
- 00:06:05 – The properties of money and how relevant they are for today.
- 00:09:11 – Stock to flow ratio explained and why platinum, titanium, and other metals rarer than gold don’t have any monetary demand.
- 00:12:29 – Why do people gravitate to the hardest money?
- 00:18:12 – Why have the polymaths always been interested in money?
- 00:19:39 – How does money factor into geopolitical issues?
- 00:22:17 – Is gold really a barbarous relic like Keynes said?
- 00:25:46 – What does “economic calculation” mean in the Austrian school of economics?
- 00:31:18 – Should money be ONLY money or is it OK for money to have alternate uses? (industrial uses, for example)