Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
Saifedean Ammous discusses economic calculation, Austrian economics, hard money, the gold standard and liquidity.
Dr. Saifedean Ammous is a premier expert in the world on the economics of Bitcoin. In 2018 he published The Bitcoin Standard.
He is an associate professor of economics at Adnan Kassar School of Business and a foreign member of the Center on Capitalism and Society at Columbia University.
He holds a Ph.D. in Sustainable Development from Columbia University.
- A Week With Saifedean Ammous - Part 1 - Monetary History
- A Week With Saifedean Ammous - Part 2 - Censorship Resistance
- A Week With Saifedean Ammous - Part 3 - Economic Calculation
- A Week With Saifedean Ammous - Part 4 - Time Preference
- A Week With Saifedean Ammous - Part 5 - Store of Value
- 00:00:46 - Welcome & Intro.
- 00:01:16 – Why do we mine gold and what is economic calculation?
- 00:05:26 – Saifedean explains how we perform economic calculation and how Bitcoin will affect that.
- 00:08:58 – Why is hard money so important?
- 00:11:46 – What effect does a government setting prices have on money?
- 00:13:55 – Can we avoid the collapse that is inevitable with a fiat system?
- 00:19:36 – Saifedean and Trace explain where Bitcoin falls on the liquidity pyramid.
- 00:25:19 – What is the result of our current financial system?
- 00:27:32 – What effect Bitcoin will have on the economy in the next 200-300 years.