Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
Saifedean Ammous discusses the role of censorship resistance in Bitcoin's value proposition.
Dr. Saifedean Ammous is a premier expert in the world on the economics of Bitcoin. In 2018 he published The Bitcoin Standard.
He is an associate professor of economics at Adnan Kassar School of Business and a foreign member of the Center on Capitalism and Society at Columbia University.
He holds a Ph.D. in Sustainable Development from Columbia University.
- A Week With Saifedean Ammous - Part 1 - Monetary History
- A Week With Saifedean Ammous - Part 2 - Censorship Resistance
- A Week With Saifedean Ammous - Part 3 - Economic Calculation
- A Week With Saifedean Ammous - Part 4 - Time Preference
- A Week With Saifedean Ammous - Part 5 - Store of Value
- 00:00:46 - Welcome & Intro.
- 00:01:31 - What role does censorship resistance play in BTC?
- 00:03:31 - Saifedean explains the costs of BTC are better than the alternatives.
- 00:07:46 - The difficulty of reestablishing sound money and why BTC is so incredible.
- 00:16:38 - How society will eventually migrate to using the BTC network and smart contracts.
- 00:18:11 - Some teachings from Austrian economists.
- 00:20:48 - Saifedean’s final thoughts.