Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
Saifedean Ammous explains what people mean when they say Bitcoin is a "store of value".
Dr. Saifedean Ammous is a premier expert in the world on the economics of Bitcoin. In 2018 he published The Bitcoin Standard.
He is an associate professor of economics at Adnan Kassar School of Business and a foreign member of the Center on Capitalism and Society at Columbia University.
He holds a Ph.D. in Sustainable Development from Columbia University.
- A Week With Saifedean Ammous - Part 1 - Monetary History
- A Week With Saifedean Ammous - Part 2 - Censorship Resistance
- A Week With Saifedean Ammous - Part 3 - Economic Calculation
- A Week With Saifedean Ammous - Part 4 - Time Preference
- A Week With Saifedean Ammous - Part 5 - Store of Value
- 00:00:46 - Welcome & Intro.
- 00:01:01 - What does “hard money” mean?
- 00:03:01 - How the difficulty adjustment algorithm IS the monetary policy and the glue that holds Bitcoin together.
- 00:07:56 - The benefits and costs of bitcoin mining.
- 00:11:31 - The way that any good technology succeeds is by replacing human work with machine work. Mining does this beautifully.
- 00:14:46 - Energy consumption is equal to quality of life.
- 00:16:31 - The only resource available is human time.
- 00:18:06 - If you can increase the supply of a money, that is weak money.
- 00:19:43 - Is Bitcoin’s destiny to be the world reserve currency?